Your health and safety is of utmost importance to us here at LifeSmiles Dentistry. That is one reason why we have not placed any silver-mercury fillings for over 10 years. There is much debate over the safety of silver-mercury fillings but for us there is no question that there are better, safer, less destructive materials than silver amalgam. Even if silver amalgam wasn’t toxic, this material expands and contracts with temperature changes and eventually your teeth may crack and fracture under this stress.
Here at LifeSmiles, we remove your silver-mercury fillings as safely and efficiently as possible. You are protected, as we use a variety of precautions to ensure your good health, including: use of a dental dam during the removal process, removing the amalgam in large pieces if possible, using high speed evacuation and copious water, and offering you the option of using oxygen during the removal process. We do a final rinse to make sure all the amalgam has been removed from your mouth. These precautions minimize your exposure to any mercury vapors or sediment.
We see patients from all over Michigan who are concerned about mercury toxicity from amalgam fillings. Please call for more information or an appointment.
For more information concerning mercury-safe fillings, visit www.dentalwellness4u.com